Workshop is the heart of Mechanical Engineering Department, where the students get the practical knowledge besides the theoretical part of the subject. The workshop has following eight sub-sections namely
- Machine Shop,
- Welding Shop.
- Carpentry Shop,
- Fitting and Sheet-metal Shop,
- Foundry Shop,
- Smithy Shop,
- Electrical Shop.
Each sub-section of the workshop has the ultra-modern machines & equipments such as Centre Lathe Machines, Milling Machines, Power Hacksaws, Surface Grinding Machines, Rolling & Bending Machines, Hearth Furnaces, Arc-Welding, Gas Welding & MIG-Welding Machines etc. The details of all the equipment in each shop is as follow:
- Machine Shop: CNC Turning Lathe, Capstan Lathe, Column and Knee type Milling Machine,
Simple-Power-Hacksaw-Attachment-for-Lathes, Grinding Machines, Grinding Wheels, Lathe Parts, Milling
Cutters I, Milling Cutters II, Parts of a Standard Shaper, Radial Drilling Machine,
Reamers, Vertical Milling Machine
- Welding Shop: Electric Arc Welding Equipment, Element of Jigs and Fixtures (Locating devices), Oxy acetylene
torch, Spot Welding Equipments and Welding-Torch
- Carpentry Shop: Wood Lathe Machine, Carpentry Braces, Carpentry Chisels, Carpentry Holding Tools, Carpentry
Marking Tools, Carpentry Measuring Tools, Carpentry Planes, Carpentry Saws, Hand Tools used in Carpentry,
Kinds of Files.
- Fitting and Sheet-metal Shop: Fitting Chisels, Hacksaws, Kinds of Files, Bench Vice, Scrappers, Sheet Metal Tools ,Sheet Metal Tools II, Snips, Taps and Dies ,Try Square, Different types of Hammers
- Foundry Shop: Foundry-Tools, Centrifugal Casting, Electric Arc Furnace, Injection Molding mold base.
- Smithy Shop: Anvil, Forging hammer, Open-Hearth-Furnace, Smith’s tools, Different types of hammer
- Electrical Shop: Common Hand tools, Wiring & fitting